View Single Post
Old 18-06-2018, 07:15 AM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcatcher View Post
I've actually been waiting for this since your preview. Mind now blown. Best amateur image of Abell 35 I've seen!
High praise indeed Kevin. I’m glad I didn’t build the anticipation too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
A terrific image Rodney!

Steve
Thanks Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Excellent result Rodney, your patience paid off with a very fine image of this colourful cosmic potato chip ....most I have ever grabbed on a single object, in 15 years of CCD'ing, is 32.5hrs I tend to get bored after the third night on the same object...so I rarely manage to get over the 16hrs mark.

Mike
snapshot imager
Thanks Mike. I like your description of a cosmic potato chip, that works very well. I kept on with the data collection because my early attempts struggled with the low signal level. Grabbing some additional photons is made a little easier of course when you only have to walk thirty metres to your observatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That is a stunning image. Wow, 47.5 hours, that is very patient. I am similar to Mike there. I think I had an image of about 40 odd hours that was a combo of various efforts over a few years. So 47.5 hours in one go that is fabulous.

The pinpoint stars and excellent processing is the cream on the cake.

Greg.
Thanks Greg, I appreciate the feedback. Looks like I might be setting a data collection benchmark to aspire to