View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:36 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderboxsky View Post
Joe, I will be interested to hear your report.

I must admit I have just about given up trying for any of the Jovian moon transit events where the elevation is under about 30 degrees. The shadow transits though, are still relatively straight forward at lower altitudes. I find Earth’s atmosphere just too unpredictable and interfering at lower elevations. The one exception is if it is a significant event or one I am not going to be able to observe at another time at higher altitudes.

I think the elevation will only be 22 degrees at Io’s mid transit point tomorrow morning. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for clear and steady skies.
Wheathered out hear in Sydney for weeks really Steve ..only chance in my new scope was Upsilon Carinae and Alpha centauri through sucker holes.
Sensational images with great contrast..both the best I have ever seen them in average seeing. Wide easy splits with a 3.2mm TS Dual ED .Can't wait to try this scope on all comers...esp the Transits.

Will try my best to do a full report..thats if the clouds go...and the elevation is high enough at the time.
bigjoe