View Single Post
Old 28-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Tragedies

Hey guys, just joined (first reply)!

Anyway, I'm here in Clayton in Melbourne, been trying to look at the eclipse for a while. Currently at 8:22 here its a very very faint red. Thick cloud is blocking it. I have some questions for the smart people out there;

1) I remember a few years back when driving home from school I looked up into the sky and I saw the full moon orange, not knowing what it was at the time it facinated me. Now what I find strange with this eclipse at the time was that every now and then I see the full moon extra extra large. Why is this?

Most of the time when I look at the full moon its very small, but rarely its very, very large (the eclipise at the time was very interesting to look at, it being extra large and all).

It may be a stupid question, but Im wondering. Why is the full moon sometimes HUGE and sometimes small?

Edit: I just looked outside again and the area in the sky where I saw a light, light, light orange is now gone. For all I know, I'm looking in the wrong area. Anyone around Melbourne (around Clayton, maybe?) able to see it?

Last edited by Tragedies; 28-08-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Extra