View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019, 09:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Yes that is pretty much what I came up with.
The other thing one gets efficiency conscious but I find usually just go bigger and inefficient to a degree.
Even the panels I have in play now do more than enough in one day...on paper they can produce many times the daily requirement...and so again it comes down to storage...the house needs only about 250 amps per day ( without the gaming computer☺) so it would be nice to have storage of say an additional 1000 amps which gives you four days with no charging at all...but to draw that much you really should have, on my conservation approach, a 6000 amp hour battery...without looking it up thats probably $20 k or more...and then you think heck I can buy a lot of petrol for that☺.
My main problem these days is I cant do so many things that when fit you dont even think about...like I need an electrician to change a light bulb simply because I cant climb a ladder..or a plumber to change the tap washer..not cause I cant change it but I cant climb down to the supply tap to cut off the water...similarly I cant get on the roof to instal the new panels...and for a man who did everything himself its a set back...like the clutch on the car that has failed...once I would have done that job.

One just has to adjust and play the game with the new rules.

Alex