View Single Post
Old 24-06-2018, 07:39 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Greg,

I appreciate your reply. I'm unfortunately in a temporary situation where I have had to tear down my TEC180 and the new camera due to issues with both! In its place I've put my TEC140 temporarily. I just don't have an OAG that will work with the TEC flattener. I either give up the FF and use my ONAG, or as you say go down a dark path with a guide scope and ditch the FF. Not an easy choice! I might only be set up this way for a month or so - so I can't see investing in an OAG and a Precise Part adapter in this situation.

The scope I'm using is an Aquila 80mm mounted directly to the TEC rings with no adjustable rings at all and no felt. It feels rock solid but the focuser is a worry. At first I thought I had no DF at all. But, now at certain altitudes it seems to go crazy. I think I will be making another drive to Yass soon and put the ONAG back on. I could use my TOA-67 FF on the TEC140 but I've got no idea what the BF is using this scope. It's adjusted for my TEC180 at 112mm. Judging from TAK scopes it needs to be extended ca 20mm to go from the TAK 150 to the TAK 130. Anything I do would be a guess, but I suppose I could experiment with the 20mm extender I do have. What would you do Greg?

As for the TEC180 I'm having issues with concentricity and the Gemini rotator. And, the camera is waiting on a completely redesigned main board. It doesn't pay to be an early adopter! Not doing that again.

Peter