View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Paul Haese

Nice setup James. I have a V1 dome which has just been retrofitted with a contact kit and new controllers after an umbilical cord mishap. I generally do skyflats on my system but I do like your lighting setup for flats and illumination.

I have been doing setups of ScopeDomes for a while now. The domes are second to none with thick heavy walls, complete robotic capability, and solid software. Attention to detail on the silicone sealing is very important with the new domes. The large main shells of the dome are very heavy and require some expertise to lift those into place. Making sure that all the base ring is completely level with no more than 2-3mm variation is also important.

For those that want one of these domes but don't feel confident putting one together and commissioning it, I offer a service with approval from ScopeDome Australia (Steven). Steven's installation brochure is very good and easy to follow though. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in having the installation done for you.