View Single Post
Old 23-05-2020, 09:20 PM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

I don't know how I end up in cold places, we lived in Canberra for ten years back in the 1970's, now living in Blackheath, some people say Bleakheath or Whiteheath when it snows. Back in Canberra in the early 1980's I recall having a couple of PE classes, my main teaching subject was Industrial Arts though at Charnwood High School which had a great view of the Brindabellas. I hated winter, those black clouds over the mountains only meant one thing and the kids new it. The wind coming off those snow ridden mountains was nasty and the kids were blue with cold out on the fields, no standing around, we did everything from hockey, soccer, tennis, athletics etc. On very nasty days it was into the gym for medicine ball and other games but only if there weren't any other classes at the time. Ah, memories. Even taught in the UK for a time, boy that was miserable in winter, playground and bus duty being the worst. Try and stay inside these days with the central heating on high, bliss, not bliss when I get the gas bill though.

Last edited by UniPol; 24-05-2020 at 09:55 AM.