View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Enchilada
Enhanced Astronomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
This is not America, I make no claims about Freedom of Speech here.

This is IceInSpace. Not a place for political discussions or anti-any country discussions.
Honestly, I'm very confused here.

If I say that Australia is better than America, and justify it, then according to you this is either political or being "anti-country" ??
I carefully re-read the terms of service here, and I see no reference to "anti-any country" ideas there.
Whilst I agree there may be ways of saying things, I don't necessarily think that opinions about other foreign countries is so wrong. I.e. There was a debate on the Metric System ages ago, and that debate about Americans resisting the change was perfectly A-OK.
Perhaps the question here is what the majority deems acceptable. In my view, and among the number of acquaintances in the local club, people I know, or have associated with, my views and others on this subject are quite commonplace and really are heartfelt.
Whilst you may have your legitimate reasons to appease to our American counterparts here, it does IMO seem a little harsh to quell general discussion.
Note: Frankly, I find "The Rules" from blog site to blog site after awhile is just so confusing, and I have real trouble just remembering what comment is deemed acceptable and what is not. These days I spend more time trying to understanding the rules than I do in answering the question.