View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:17 AM
Wavytone

Having spent a day underground in a wild cave in my younger days - with the NPWS I should add - I think there is a lot not being said at this stage. After 40 years the experience still gives me nightmares, frankly.

One thing I noticed tonight is a remark that the boys had been "medically sedated" to stop panic attacks. It suggests to me the boys were sedated, the breathing gear put on and they were pulled through only half-conscious by the SEALs rather than doing it on their own effort.

I can fully understand this for kids at their age and in the state they must be in.
What's far worse will be the psychological effect for many years to come.

Heros: definitely yes, Saman Gunan and the SEALS and the rest of the rescue team, for pulling off something I for one did not expect.

Stars ?!? no, none. Idiots, frankly, for entering a cave which is known to be hazardous, and disregarding all the warning signs not to enter it in monsoon season. And relying on the "leadership" of an uneducated idiot which is what the Thai monks frankly are.

They are only alive thanks to the heroic efforts made by others, that doesn’t make them “stars”.

10:1 the lawyers are lining up right now to “manage” the PR, book and film rights.

Last edited by Wavytone; 11-07-2018 at 12:57 AM.