Thread: ASI Air wifi
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 12:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well updates...spent all day yesterday trying to get skysafari on the new tablet..attempt after attempt..it would not co operate it seemed however it was my net connection as around 10 pm it started downloading and anyways I now have it as well in the new tablet.

As to asiair after much mucking around I have run it thru the hand controler and that works.I was in the process of updating the firmware and realised the cablung would connect to asiair via the hand control with the bits I had...most things seem to work now...like camera, filter wheel, cooler but not the focuser...shows none... it wont even show using a single cable direct to the lap top so I dont know...anyways in time I will get something going. And its shows "none" for guide scope and I cant figure yet how to add its details.
But hopefully that can be made work as well.

But I am happy as hopefully when I do a star align it should work for selections which would be cool..I know the goto prior would do it but I always did it manually cause it was faster in most cases...for me..the mount moves when I select an object so that is encouraging.

Still it seems clunky ...takes ages to recognise the wifi ..little things but now if it gets no better I can use it by selecting targets manually and presumably when set up and I do three star align I can select objects via the program.
I have yet to introduce skysafari into the mix but enough for today.

The best news is I have lined up a free caravan which happens on Monday and am going to try it by the dam..there may be a fog problem there but if its ok I will move the cube up there and have a permanent set up with a water view☺

Thanks to everyone who helped along the way as the input was invaluable in keeping me going.

Now I have to tidy up cables and pack the car yet again which is a killer for me.
Alex