View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 01:33 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
i bought it new, how would i determine if this is/was a manufacturing fault?
i have sent you a pm

For others reading it, the PM is a legal letter to get the manufacturers to look at it whatever the age

Here in the UK there is NO such thing as "guaranteed for 12 months" that is understood, the Consumer rights act (you may have similar) means that goods should remain fault free for a reasonable time depending on VALUE as well, hence a $5 pair of shoes could remain fault free for 3 months, a $3000 watch could any reasonable time, say 5 years.

I had a monitor that was faulty after 18 months, the manufacturer said "tough 1 year" the small claims court disagreed, it cost me £50 to go to court, one new monitor and £50 back and my postage costs

Look into

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...ees/warranties

SEE

The consumer guarantees which apply regardless of any warranties suppliers sell or give to you, apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. This means consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.

Too few people bother to check their rights and when told tough fail to go back again and again, they give up, one of the best things about the fact that I am Autistic, ADHD and Aspergers is that I am like a dog with a bone and in 40 years I have never lost