View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Hi Starman54
Welcome to IIS
Firstly I’d recommend to post your enquires to the main section in Beginners Talk as a new post , that way you might get more responses as it’s been more than a day and I only noticed it now. When you post on a sticky thread it didn’t come up as a new post it’s buried behind up to 100 posts
Next I don’t know much about Celestron scopes but I have used Bintel for 3 years and they are the leading telescope supplier in Australia plus a prime Celestron dealer
Andrews is a second supplier but I prefer Bintel as they have some really experienced guys there , namely Don Whiteman
I’m sure you can power your 4se from a 12v / 230v power supply eg : a Powertech 5A or 7.5A power supply but check with Bintel or hopefully other IIS members with similar scopes can help
I don’t belong to any clubs , self taught from scratch using IIS to steer me along the way , Bintel for over the counter advice and all my equipment, heaps of reading books, YouTube clips amongst other things
I’m retired too and 3 years into the hobby
Check out some of my recent images , I use Newtonian reflectors both for visual observing and astrophotography
Good luck and enjoy this amazing hobby
Clear Skies