View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 07:23 PM
flolic (Filip)

Luka, I'm happy that you've solved the issue

About capacitor placement and their effect on circuit behavior, that's important. But when you are designing high speed/fast rise time circuit like this, you have to look wider. You have to look at power supply (DD11), driver (DD8) and image sensor (DD14) as a single circuit. And that mean optimizing current paths from the supply through the switch to the load. The most important thing here is ground that connect all these parts.
If you look at the layout of my board, you will notice that I tried to place components and tracks in a way that there is a shortest possible distance between them. And for a ground, I used ground fill everywhere, on a both layers, and with strategically (!) placed vias that connect top and bottom grounds.

I must confess that even my board is NOT ideally routed. The most important reason for this is that I used existing design and tried to improve it. In a process you can (and will) overlook something...
As in your example, only real life tests will show all the problems with the design. So, standard thing to do next is to redesign the circuit and try how that works. Or you can bodge few parts here and there and call it done