View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 09:35 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Problem is fixed....I added 100uF capacitor next to the pin 9 of DD8, going between the pin 16 and 12 track and GND. Image 1 shows the location of the capacitor....I.
Excellent...but its counter intuitive. If it was a noise issue then right at the pin would fix it. I wonder if it's acoustic oscillations. I also wonder if the data sheet capacitor values should have been used.

We may have to "fine tune" each camera?

Well done, 1s exposure M42...well done indeed. You have been good for Christmas...Santa will be pleased.

Brendan

edit:
oh meant to say...making notes for next iteration already especially wrt bypass caps and maybe even leaving a few extra pads for extra bypass caps. And I'll try my PCBs with the data spec caps, an electro and ceramic just to see what happens. It appears Filip was pretty spot on...curse him I was muttering under my breath but have to acknowledge he was pretty spot on and I salute that! Well done Filip!

Also...the issue could relate back to the 6V supply, maybe this needs a chip inductor on the output! I can try this on my boards! Further to this Intersil AN1108 mosfet drivers talks of mosft driving high freq capacitive loads (such as the CMOS sensor) and talks of using ferrite bead on Vs+ in parallel with a small ohm resistor as well as the 4.7uf electro and ceramic bypass caps. maybe I can do some experimenting...suffice to say...try to take the easiest route.

Lots of work ahead!

Looking fwd to this. And indeed glad its ok ATM and well we have achieved something that works!

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 23-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.