Quote:
Originally Posted by astroron View Post
Good on ya Tony, one very happy report
Well done
Look forward to more in the future
Cheers Ron theres gonna be heaps more observing now that I have a grab and go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Tony I'm as pleased as punch for you that you are having so much fun and loving your binos. Yay! I get to have some else share in bino obs on here - I'm excited!

I'm working on another report myself. A couple of nights ago, we had excellent seeing conditions, not seen for a very long time, and I chose to use my binos. I couldn't resist the opportunity to give the binos a run under great conditions.

Don't forget in the Australian Sky & Telescope magazine, Les D has a section on bino observing.

I look forward to many more reports on here Tony, thanks so much for the report.
Thanks Suzy, bino observing is the best! thinking about selling all my gear and buy binos instead (kidding ofcourse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjnettie View Post
Excellent reporting Tony.
One day, when your financial again, you should invest in the adaptor that allows you to fit them to a tripod. Great for when you're tracking down a comet or wanting to share the view with others.
I'm gonna try to convince my mum to lend me 20 bucks so i can head over to local astro shop. They have one for 20 bucks... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Woohoo Tony, well done!!
Cheers Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Great report Tony. It is quite amazing how wonderful things look in binos - as you say you get the context for the DSOs. AS you say the M42 area is stunning with binos as you get the abundance of stars in the area.

Great to hear that you're planning more obs reports!
I had no idea what I was missing. I don't know how I managed to live without one (well, a proper one anyways haha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
You are tempting me to upgrade my binos... an old set that is good for star hopping but that's about all.
Brian
Go for it Brian! It'll be the best purchase youll make this year

Cheers
tony