Thread: Olympus E-520 ?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

Nick - I have an e-500 which is the forerunner to the e-510. There is no problem getting adapters for it - be it 4/3 r the older OM- t ring (i have the OM as i bought one here for $15, and bought an OM-4/3 adapter off ebay for $10. I have taken mmon shots by hooking up to my intes mak - no problem.

One thing you need to consider for Ap is that remotes avail for oly are the basic ones , ie just take exp. I have not seen the programmable ones like you can get for canons.

Comp control iis also more difficult- although PS supports the oly RAW format (i have PS elements) - they released the 520 raw plugin a few months back

Overall I really like the camera, great to use (more options in a cheaper unit get the twin lens pack very light & great lens better than canon IMO- you will have to work harder with the focus (think how you are going to focus) - not all focus programs support olympus {very few i think})

oly cameras can be severe on Ha, on CN I read my camera (e-500) has better red absorption than the later models but i am yet to test it

I forgot the dust reduction is very good, but does make startup little slow - it hasn't worried me