View Single Post
Old 29-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Ian Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
Hi Ian
I have been using Nikkor lenses with the modded 350Ds and they work well , particularly the 180 F2.8 ED and 300 F4.5 ED, I paid aout $200 for the adapter , you can get much cheaper ones on Ebay .
The adapter has no lens elements so there is no extra distortion , some bodies like the Nikons require lens elements to get focus with M42 lenses , the Canon lens mount is wider so the adapter can fit inside.
One of the advantages of Canon bodies is you can use a lot of different lens fittings with them like Contax , Lecia R and M , Olympus and Nikon but I'm not sure about MD fit.

Zane
I spotted a Canon FD 200mm f/1.8 and seriously considered bidding on it (up to about 1000 USD, they had an outlandish BItN asking price of 4000USD on it but were taking offers under that) on Ebay but the uncertainty about adapting the FD to EF bayonet gave pause.

I'll probably get hold of a MD - EF adapter in the short term - this will give ability to use my old 200mm f/3.5 and my old 70-150 f/3.8 zoom on the 40D for astroimaging until such time the AUD gets closer to parity with the USD and I buy that EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM and 2xT2 L teleconvertor I want.