View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 01:14 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwbenson View Post
Thanks Peter. I have been in contact with Phil Moore and product support at Andor, they were informed of the entire situation, so I am somewhat confused here as to what can actually be done. I will follow up again.
EB
Hi Eric,

Well I'm just reporting what John Alford told me. The jist of it seems to be that most of the cameras that Andor make have a manufacturing process where it is simply impossible to replace the chip but when I told him what camera and chip you had he said there was no reason why your chip couldn't be replaced. He also said that the standard Andor response was to say "no." But, he felt confident that if you explained to Phil Moore that your camera was "different" that Andor should work with you. On the other hand a top person at another major camera manufacturer was skeptical about Andor's willingness to cooperate saying that he had recently received two requests to repair Apogee cameras. I asked him about yours; at first he said OK, but then got a bit nervous saying what if he put in a new chip and the electronics destroyed it. He said he'd prefer to give you a discount on a new camera. You might be able to guess of whom I'm speaking. Contact me off line if you want his name.

Hope I have not muddied the waters but I think some persistance with Andor might get you a result.

Peter