View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 01:04 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro744 View Post
See http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=214

One of the best combinations on any telescope is the 24mm Panoptic (for max true field in 1.25"; same as 32mm Plossl), 13mm Nagler for mid power and 9mm Nagler for higher power on say galaxies and planetary nebulae. On an SCT the 13mm and 9mm are also great for planets.

The 13mm has the same form factor as the 9mm and the same eye relief as the 9mm and can be used with Dioptrx and digiscoping. The 16mm has 10mm of eye relief but is a different shape (more volcano top when eye guard is down which helps with the eye relief) but cannot be used with Dioptrx or digiscoping. Both 16mm T5 and 13mm T6 are fine eyepieces and you cant go wrong with either.

The 16mm will give you a nice full lunar disk at 127x with a little room to spare. The 13mm will also give you a full lunar disk at 156x with almost no room to spare but 156x would be better for planets most of the time.

Both 13mm and 9mm could be combined with a 2x Tele Vue Barlow for 6.5mm and 4.5mm high power viewing when the seeing permits without losing too much exit pupil.

If you like the feel of the 9mm then the 13mm will be exactly the same but with lower power. There are many eyepiece combinations possible any if you like the quality of the 9mm Nagler you really cant go wrong with either 16mm or 13mm.

Note if you buy the 16mm and then find you want still want the 13mm use the 16mm on a Stellarvue finder as it gives a fantastic edge corrected view at slightly higher power. I use a 16mm T5 Nagler on my Stellarvue F80M to give me 19x and 4 deg. field to complement my C9.25 but it will also work on the F60M or F50M finders from Stellarvue.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!
Couldn't agree more .
You just cannot go wrong with Televue.
BINTEL IS THE PLACE for TV in Sydney.
Cheers bigjoe.