View Single Post
Old 20-07-2008, 03:28 PM
gregl456
Registered old newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki View Post
The info I got along with the B710 form allows for this. If the item is here before approval has been given, customs will hold or seize the laser and notify the owner who will then get B390 reciept for goods or a seizure notice. The owner must then gain approval via the B709B, fill out the B710 and post the B390 along with these as well as photo ID, evidence of end use and pictures of the laser. This will apply to any laser travelling through customs after July 1 2008 no matter when it was purchased.

The rest is up to each state to regulate ownership of the lasers.

Mark
Many thanks, Mark.

I'm in Victoria, but the process for lasers acquired prior to 1 July is probably similar.

Still interested to hear from anyone in Victoria who's been through the process. Could be a bit soon after the change...

Meanwhile, I'd hate to get busted doing an astronomy show-and-tell in camping ground or public park somewhere

BTW, a couple of years ago the good people at Bintel were insisting that any hand-held pointers could only be sold (without a permit) if accompanied by a mount that attached to the OTA alongside the guidescope...

Last edited by gregl456; 20-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.