View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM
taxman (Matt)

Yep, the included software. It seems pretty buggy, which is a disappointment. The Atik software was an absolute dream in comparison.

I got it (sort of) functioning tonight, but the lengths I had to go to were pretty unworkable in the long term. I had to uninstall the drivers, plug in the camera only while the SXV software was going and then reinstall the drivers. It was like a really frustrating game of Zork working this out.

I then tried using the pointers as you said and while I did manage to get one direction (East-West) working this evening, no joy with North-South as the buttons in the software would not stay down. I tried multiple clicking but didn't notice much (if any) difference.

Guiding was still hopeless - the star would drift out of the reticle regardless of the settings. I will try the evaluation copy of Astro Art tomorrow (big work day in the morning - need my sleep) and see if I have better luck.

Dennis, thank you for your very kind offer. I will PM you tomorrow to see if Tuesday evening (weather permitting) is suitable if I can't get it going in the meantime.

Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeal View Post
Matt,
so you are using it with the SX software then?
I know that they work with Maxim, and also I understand AstroArt, but to be honest I haven't tried the SX software.
If you can get it recognised, then wind the speed up on the mount, and use the "Move" command (or "Manual Guide" in PHD, and see/hear the mount move. That should establish that it is all connected satisfactorily.
Gary