View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 11:20 AM
glend (Glen)

Thanks Colin, i believe the rear mounted petzval style corrector group may have some affect on the field, it is better than i expected i have to admit. I do not plan in using this scope for RGB imaging it is going to be used exclusively for narrowband. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked on the NEQ6, the guide graph was pretty much flat lining and this does help image quality. I did not even need to use the counterweight extension bar. The MN190 on the other hand is hard to guide well on my mount even though balanced to produce a good graph in the eastern sky it struggles with the weight. I will use the MN190 for RGB. With a mix of three imaging scope of various focal lengths i think i have a stable i can work with over the next few years ( 760mm, 1000mm, & 1250mm). The 10" carbon strut newt is the long one. They are also all f5 scopes, which i prefer for its speed. I am through with RCs forever.
So when the moon is around the Bresser will be used for all wider field narrowband imaging, the MN190 for more reach, both are well baffled too. When the moon is not present and in RGB mode, the MN190 and the 10" Newt will be used. That's the plan at least.