View Single Post
Old 22-03-2022, 02:21 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyllama95 View Post
Hi everyone!

I have just started this hobby and ive got some shots i am pretty happy with. My current set up is HEQ5 pro, REDCAT 51, ZWO ASI385mc, a zwo mini guide scope and camera.
I cant afford to buy all the filters and all the extra equipment all at once so I'm wondering what the next thing is I should buy? I see alot of people using different filters for the nebulas etc, i also get told i need a better camera as mine is currently a planetary one. (it seems to work very well for M42, NGC2070, Globular clusters etc)

Just wondering what I should buy next to add to the collection
Hi FL,

Tasmania has some wonderfully dark skies, so depending on where in Tasmania you are(?), maybe you can do without some of the light pollution filters for now.

On the issue of what to buy next, if it were me I would look at another camera, one with a larger sensor that takes greater advantage of the (~40mm) image circle of your telescope/lens and thereby would give you a much larger field of view. It would also give you a future upgrade path when/if you wanted a longer focal length scope at higher resolution.

Best
JA

PS: If you are in an area with perhaps moderate light pollution from sodium vapour street lamps, there are some much less costly options you could consider than the typical, but excellent $3-400 multiband type filters