View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:36 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

When you get your image on screen via Pole master you may still have trouble finding Sig.O ..I often do...it can be outta screen and I have even had it on screen but could not recognise it..for whatever reason..so try this...with the mount switched off of course just take a long exposure via Sharpcap using Pole master camera and you will be able to hone in using the arcs of the star trails...those arcs have a center and that center is...can you guess...CSP...When I did not have Pole master I would find CSP this way having earlier in day time making sure that the polar scope and the main scope were pointing at the same spot...Anyways I hope it helps as certainly in my case it did when Sig.O was off screen...make sure gain is as low as possible and go for about five minutes.
Also ones mount should track rather well without auto guide before you use auto guide...you may care to take a test 3xposure of say 10 minutes, minimum gain so you can see what is going on..you can probably notice hiccups due to periodic error but must likely that even though your mount was perfectly balanced that it needs weight to one side..usually to the East but doing such a long exposure will tell you something I am sure..you never know you may find after 10 minutes you have round stars..my old eq6 ( tuned beyond belief) managed 11 minutes that was acceptable..spec trained perfect alignment balance and luck.
Good luck and remember we all have problems and so often help is almost instantaneous when you post your problem.
Alex