View Single Post
Old 28-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Steve14 (Steven)

Dome automation?

I have a Nexdome with a rotation kit installed. It's all run through a laptop running windows 10 and SGP pro. It has power and high speed internet via an ethernet cable. Overall, it works pretty well. BUT. I'm not onsite very often, and when i am, it's often cloudy. SO. I want to image remotely when the sky is clear.

While i can use software like team viewer, I was wondering if anyone could give some recommendations for how i can remotely power on a PC (not wake it), boot it up, and power on and connect on all my equipment? If i can do this, i would also get a shutter kit for the dome which is easy enough to install (if i have the cash). However, i would also need an all sky camera (i have an ASI224MC with a lens so could use that) and some way to shut the dome up automatically if the weather closed in. Also, is it possible to install a mechanism to open and shut the cover on the front of my 10inch CF OTA?
All this sounds expensive, so it's probably not worth it. But i would like to know the best way forward and dream. Hope this makes sense. Thanks all!