View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012, 07:31 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
Howdy,

I bought the one with the link you suggested, however, it's build quality is very poor and it fell to bits by the time I got it. The internals are cheap and hot melt glue was used to fix the components to the insides, but not very well. The circuit board also had some flaky tracks on it. Perhaps I got a lemon one. However I got it to work but had to spend over $20 in parts by putting it into a new case and adding a few better quality parts to it. You also have to take it apart to put in a new battery.

I bought a different one from Ebay and it looks like they still have some:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lightning...item4abe4be130

These are made well, come with a few extra accessories which are useful and work well day or night. The cost is a little more than your link but cheaper than the Nero (which does look good by the way but I don't have one) but well worth it and easy to change the battery. They also come from Australia.

Good luck and happy snapping.

Thanks so much,thanks also 'astroflyer'

This one certainly looks better,I am happy to spend the extra couple of dollars on the one in your link.

There was a Brisbane member that had similar issues to yours on the one in link I listed,so I've held off a bit top see what other options are out there.

Really looking forward to play with some lightning shots this season-thanks for help