View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 11:44 AM
mountainjoo (Jerome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Well actually...the detail is excellent but I was kinda thinking your result was looking a little yellow and light blue ie two toned which is not wrong or bad or anything and still looks ok, I'm just not seeing the three tones, that's all.

Do you see what I mean? It might just need a bit more coaxing out because even though there is green, blue and yellow in there, it kinda blends together to look bi-chromatic..?

Mike
I completely see what you mean now, yellow + blue = green! I've pushed the yellow slightly towards red and attached a preview of the result. Does this help at all? It's quite subtle so I'm not sure. I'm having some difficulty pushing the colours around much as it starts to reveal chromatic noise and causes posterising. I've not had much success with my attempts to process using a tone map approach, but perhaps I should persist as I hear it affords more colour control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
Beautiful .. very nice capture

Col...
Thanks Col.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
There is a very fine bubble, about 20% of the way in from the left, and half way down, that we've not noticed before. Wide field shots can be very interesting.
Perhaps worth going after with a better image scale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff45 View Post
Nice and sharp Jerome. I like the colours. As Mike said up above, getting the colours right and pleasing can be a tad frustrating in NB
Geoff
Thanks Geoff. Certainly feels like a trade off at points, hopefully over time I can find ways to achieve both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ngc3576_sho_thumbnail_2.jpg)
89.3 KB13 views