Thread: Rho Ophiuchus
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 07:33 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_galera View Post
Thank you everybody for your kind words and thanks for looking.

This is one of my favourite areas of the sky, the other being Cygnus in the Northern Hemisphere, but being in Southern Hemisphere it was this that first got me to try iTelescope remote as it is almost impossible to capture it from my location.

This object, in my mind, has to be very brightly coloured to bring out the best in it.....but I found it very very difficult to get any colour with PixInsight so I had to pull it into PhotoShop to get it to look anything like. What also helped was to use StarNet++ to remove all the stars, work on the remaining nebulosity to get the correct contrast and the colours looking good, then added the stars back in. I now use this technique quite a lot as it preserves the stars and stops them getting bloated.

This is a larger resolution version of the same image as requested:

Large version (2.2MB)
I wondered if you had done that as all that detail in the nebulosity around Antares is not normally seen. The super bright stars are very muted though and whilst they usually are very blown out they are not muted either so I think it would be better to show them with bright cores as they really are.
Just not overwhelming.

Greg.