View Single Post
Old 23-11-2018, 08:38 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

First "light" - looking 200 metres away to the car park . Which was a challenge given the f/10 focal ratio, meaning I was running out of focus! (had to actually ALMOST remove the EP to come to focus).

Verdict: NOICE, really really really NOICE! Tak nice, no doubt about it! VERY pleasing colour rendition, VERY contrasty and exceptionally sharp. The helical focuser inbuilt into the diagonal/visual back is VERY smooth and rather easy to use.

No chance of using it on the stars for a while though. Ho hum.

Using it on a Manfrotto 3030 tripod isn't ideal, but it got the test done at least. Now I regret selling my vixen GPD - got to find another one now!

Also shown is the custom data plate I had made for it, complete with Intes logo, Russian "Made in Russia Moscow 3.94" and "RESTORED 11.18". The decal that was on the backplate (where the data plate is now) replaced the very worn, peeling one on the diagonal, so NOTHING was thrown away (even the original decals are still attached to an A4 card stock sheet in a photo album - they came off in one piece). The original finder is sitting in my spares drawers (I swear the "Tourist" branded scopes sold in Russia in the 80's and 90's are the SAME scope without the reticle!) - the Vixen 6x30 works wonderfully in this role.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1MAK2.jpg)
112.3 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (1MAK3.jpg)
188.0 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (1Mak1.jpg)
184.5 KB33 views
Click for full-size image (1MAK.jpg)
164.5 KB44 views