View Single Post
Old 24-02-2017, 10:42 AM
kkara4 (Krishan)

ASI1600MM-Cool Vibration Problem

So last night i had my first test with the ASI1600MM and powering up the cooler.

Unfortunately it exhibits a severe vibration problem, where with the cooler plugged in, everything is smeared due to vibration by about 100 pixels. The moment i unplug the cooler, textbook stars. The framerate i think was 10 fps when i recorded videos which i was going to post here but forgot to copy them to my flash drive , basically they were just smears at that framerate, no discernable oscillation as such. Also tested on multiple stars.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there was a simple check/fix? i have done an extensive search for similar experiences on ZWO/IIS/CN forums but couldnt find any. There is no abnormal sound or vibration that i can feel with my hand. Everything is screwed together (not overly tight), there are no barrels/holders, nothing is under undue tension or stress.

thought i would ask just in case, before i give Bintel a call for warranty replacement.

As an aside i have not disassembled the camera in any way, simply took it out the box and screwed it onto the filter wheel t threads (please let me know if there is some initial prep i needed to do before doing this though which may be causing the problem!)

TIA