View Single Post
Old 15-08-2009, 07:34 PM
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

I've finally got my AN working properly.

I bought Houghy's 16" lightbridge a couple of weeks ago, complete with AN. He told me he'd never used the AN but he'd bought it second hand. I set the scope up as soon as I got home and had a look around but didn't the get the AN going as I didn't have the manual downloaded at that stage.

Last night was clear and I invited a mate around for a look with the aim of getting the AN going. Well we didn't have much success... We couldn't get sensible results, so today I sat down with the manual and read it again in more detail and made some abridged notes of what I'd have to check... it turns out I made the mistake of assuming that someone had set the AN up correctly before... not so.

I went through the initial set up routine and found the azimuth encoder direction was wrong (as was the guide arrow direction). Once I fixed that, it was away... just brilliant!

What a great bit of gear! It impressed me the first time I saw it on Hector at the first IISAC, but it impresses me even more now that I've got it sorted and realise how easy it is to set up.

Al.