View Single Post
Old 18-11-2011, 12:32 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroID View Post
Make sure you have turned off the Autofocus. Mine is almost instantaneous but it's a semi pro camera.

There are plenty of remote shutter/flash control toys out on the interweb. Lightning normally lasts about half a second or more for serious flashes, the current maintains the strike. If using a light detection trigger set the shutter for about 1 second to get it all.
Otherwise the open shutter, hope and wish system is the next option.
Yes - I always focus manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
Not so much for Marc, but the reason for having a trigger and not simply doing continuous bulb exposures is that it allows you to shoot lightning in quite bright conditions.

you can only do the bulb approach at night, but with the lightning trigger, you can set say a 1/4 sec exposure, f8, ISO100 and catch lightning during the day (if conditions aren't too bright). trying to do 1/4 sec exposures continously without the trigger soon fills up your memory card!

i've been using one in a few storms here and getting a bit more used to it. this is not the unit i have but has good info:
http://www.lightningtrigger.com/Tips...hotographytips

Phil
I ordered one with a Canon/Pentax 2.5mm cable that will be compatible with my IR remote from here.