View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 09:50 PM
glend (Glen)

Well, yes I can acknowledge that dew is less of a problem than being outside, and as I am a ROR owner, that statement applies to ROR obs as well; however it may be impacted by how much you need to roll back the roof. My pier is located towards the Southern end of my obs, and with a partial open roof I can image fine and still have my workstation area under cover.

As far as screen light control goes, I use Backyard Red, which is a free application that gives your screen a red cast and is variable in intensity. I run Backyard Red, and turn the brightness slider down to dim. I also use a dark towel that I can work under, aka the old shroud that old time camera operators used to use to prevent stray light from entering images when they changed film plates. Once I have everything set up and running, I usually drape the towel over the screen and retire to the house, where I run Teamviewer on a small laptop to monitor and control the main laptop systems in the Obs. I run SGP as my imaging app, and it remotes well under Teamviewer. Teamviewer is setup so that only local LAN connections are permitted, and it uses my WiFi network.

Backyard Red is available here:

https://www.otelescope.com/files/cat...5-backyardred/