View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 04:55 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

If you got to scope to focus on the Moon, the scope will also focus on everything else. It isn't selective on what it will and will not focus on.

Try focusing on the Moon again. Then, WITHOUT touching the focuser, move the scope on to the planets. If you haven't touched the focuser then everything else will be focused too.

I do remember your first thread asking for help.

Come to think of it, are you actually getting your scope to focus on the Moon? You said you did. Is the image razor sharp with the craters nice and detailed? There isn't any way possible for the Moon to fucus and not the planets.

Of course I do not know your experience with scopes, so I need to ask what your expectations are with planets? They will appear really small in your scope, and nothing of the scale and detail you can see with the Moon. If you knew this, then my apology.

Many people think that they will see the planets in the same way seen in photos from space probes or in those posted in this forum. You won't. These photos are all highly processed and using very sophisticated gear. Visually the planets are always small and the amount of detail we can see is dictated by the prevailing atmospheric conditions.

GGive the Moon another go, and then move onto say Jupiter next. DON'T TOUCH THE FOCUSER. The image cannot be in focus with the Moon and then not with the planets or stars.

Last edited by mental4astro; 20-07-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Typo