Thread: Camera
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Cam (Cam)

Camera

I'm sure this has been covered in the forum before but with 106 pages of threads I thought it easier to ask again. My old point and shoot camera has finally died. I've always wanted to buy a better quality camera for normal snaps of holidays and of the kids ect and now I'm into astronomy.I think I would like to have a go at DSLR astrophotography in the future.Your images are amazing. I only have a bit of a play with a modded SPC900NC at the moment. I'm wondering what would be a good camera for both normal pics and astrophotography. I like what I have heard about the canons but I see so many different prices. I thought a camera with higher MP was better but I have seen a 18MP camera cheaper than a 12MP camera that was over a grand. I'm confused over the features I would need in the future. Also I have seen a lot of comparing between modded and unmodded cameras. If a camera is modified is still good for normal photography? Hope you guys and girls can point me toward a good camera. Thanks Cam.