View Single Post
Old 18-11-2015, 03:52 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Ivo, et al,

After a lot of mucking around I tried installing it in Windows 10 Pro and on the third attempt it worked.

Then I switched back to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I turned off Avast 2015 Firewall and file system protection - then it installed and ran well. I turned Avast firewall back on, it still ran ok. Then I turned the file system protection on and everything halted as before. In the end I just created a rule in Avast file system protection to ignore scanning the program executable directory for APT.

So bottom line is Avast Internet Security 2015 really doesn't seem to like this version - even when it is installed using all the files zipped.

Once the file protection was disabled - the installer would work and the latest version could be run. Turn the file protection back on (without the exception rule) and the previously installed executable just wouldn't run.

So maybe let folk know there is some sort of issue with the latest version of Avast at the moment. Probably wouldn't hurt to shoot Avast a line to and ask why is it picking on just the latest version's installer?

Many thanks - glad to have it working now and the problem at least isolated and avoided!

Matthew