View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 02:02 PM
cadman342001 (Andy)

Hello there,

I've been on the forum for a couple of months, I did an individual post introducing myself but forgot to do it here as well.

(I have actually been reading this thread from the start and am picking up a lot of useful info)

So, I've been doing photography for around 12 years, bugs, birds, sports, you name it using dslrs, even a bit of wide MW/landscapes and wanted a tracking mount.

Enter the Sky Watcher Star Adventurer a couple of months ago, that I have now sold to buy a HEQ5 Pro with Bresser Messier AR-127L scope and various GSO Plossl eyepieces from the classifieds here

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=156987

($1200 for the lot, he wanted $850 for just the mount so I though what the heck, GO ALL IN !)

So, all I have to do now is visit my daughter in Surfer's next week for a month and while I'm there drive to Canberra to pick it up, then somehow ship it back to Cairns !

Suggestions ?

I understand that at f/9.4 it's slow for Deep Sky astrophotography but should be good for visual, planets, star clusters, lunar and solar and am looking forward to learning the night sky more (have been practicing star hopping with Bins / Stellarium while trying astrophotgraphy with the dslr on the SW) for a while and of course I have the mount to use the dslr (Nikon D800+80-200mm/2.8) on in the meantime, the plan is to get an 80 refractor for astrophotography of nebulae and other DSOs in the future.

Your thoughts?

Andy

PS - I'm a Pom, live in Cairns since emigrating in 07, kids in Surfers, Melbourne and 1 left at home aged 19 this week. Wife is a Psych Nurse - never know when that might come in handy