View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 05:40 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4astro View Post
Hi all,

I'm stoked that I just found another scope on the roadside beside a pile of rubbish cleaned out of a local house!

Driving home after dropping off the kids at school, and I found a Tasco 114mm 900mmfl on an eq1/eq2 mount!!! This scope was my dream scope as a 12 year old kid

It was nearly complete. Even had a modest eyepiece and red dot finder (just needed a new battery). Primary mirror needs a clean, not a big deal, and I'll put a centre spot doughnut on it. But the counterweight and bar were missing. The mount is actually in nearly new condition, and works just fine.

I would love to give away this scope. But I need the counterweight and bar. The tube cap is missing the small aperture cover too.

Might anyone have a counterweight bar to suit - the coupling to the mount is M12. And might someone have a counterweight to suit, prob 1kg?

Many thanks for looking,

Alex.
\
Alexander, I think I have 2 counterweights that would probably suit. I'll have a look in the shed tomorrow to see whether I also have a c/w bar. I had one, I'm sure. But these things tend to migrate a bit.
I'll let you know tomorrow and include some dimensions for the weights etc.

Peter