View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 06:55 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks for the link Steven I read it all but I think I read it a while back..no matter these days with a failing memory most things seem new☺
Is there any physical nature to a gravity wave and I ask perhaps because of my incomplete understanding of GR...but I see it as a coordinate system describing somewhat movement of space and objects in it with no explaination of the particles involved...I expected ct at some level there must be particles or at least a means of carrying information...I know the eather is not needed but do you see at some level there has to be some form of particle soup that makes up space...You know my passion for a push gravity mechanism☺ but I guess what I ask really is there any view from a quantum level as to what makes up a gravity wave.
I guess I am revisting the idea that a wave must travel in a medium...and I know light is said not to have a mediun so I guess I just cant get my head around how things can move with no medium.
Say take gravity waves essentially a expansion and contraction of space ... what is this medium that expands and contracts..it must be something as it can't be nothing.
I expect what I ask for can only be speculative but I would be happy with that.

Alex