View Single Post
Old 22-06-2015, 12:08 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I haven't heard of anti-stiction, is that something in Maxim? I have never used Maxim.

I think you've got your image scale wrong. Its highly unlikely its 8 arc secs/pixel. Most setups are .5 to 2 arc seconds per pixel or an FSQ may be as much as 3.5. You can get a free download of Wodaski's image scale calculator. I use it all the time. Its very handy. Especially if you are evaluating various cameras on your scope.

Greg.
Greg,

That's using a mini-finder-guider with a focal length of 210mm (8.3"), and a Lodestar with average pixel of 8.3 microns - so, if I use the (8 x pixel size)/focal length, this seems to indicate 8 arc sec per pixel. Unless I am doing something VERY wrong or misunderstanding!

MaxIM has the anti-stiction feature. Their manual is less than elaborate in this regard, so I have always ignored it.

I have had issues in the past with MaxIM reporting no movement in Y - I had attributed most of that to backlash (almost eliminated now), so am starting to wonder if the image scale of the guide image is too small at the default settings to effect truly precise guiding. I shall try the adjustments above - IF my maths is right, hopefully tonight.