View Single Post
Old 22-06-2015, 12:06 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Hey Lewis,

The default MaxIm DL values are identical for both axes, so, yes, I've just copied my values to both axes, too.

However, at the moment, I'm suffering from some anomaly that's causing my guide graph to go haywire on the RA axis. I'm not sure if I've lost balance, but, it's driving me nuts. Will have to spend a little time sorting that out.

I've asked the wife if I can buy a Paramount MX+; the laughter that ensued meant "no", I'm assuming.

H
Thanks for the link. Its telling me I should use .5min and 2 max.

I'll try that. I use .1 and 2 at the moment. I have used .1 and 3.
Come to think of it .1 is a bit low as anything under about .2 would be questionable as to whether its PE. I just know when I see errors ranging from .01 to .4 I am going to have beautiful round stars with a 9 micron pixel camera and 1159mm focal length.

At 3 metres focal length that would be .2 to .8 errors. Over 1 then its eggy stars.

Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
H, are those min/max moves applicable to BOTH axes of movement?

If I enter my parameters (using an 8 arc sec per pixel guidesetup - yeah, it's wide ), it generates a min of 0.033 and a max of 0.133 - do I set these in maxIM to BOTH axes the same?

Now guys, what about anti-stiction - on or off? How many cycles?

Also, do you set the scope declination or not? Is it necessary if we re-calibrate each target? I have NEVER set it, never had an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
http://www.ccdware.com/resources/autoguidercalcv4.cfm

I've used this to set my values in MaxIm DL.

I use the SBIG Remote Guide Head nowadays as I've got narrowband filters installed in my STL-11000M so the values for MaxIm DL guiding are set based on the RGH and FS-60CB, and not the FSQ-106N and STL-11000M.

H