View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 05:47 PM
Aurorae (Sara)

Hi Paul - it is hard to tell sometimes whether they are technical faults or whether it is all part of the learning process and we are not aware of our mistakes.

For me, I guess am trying to list some of the features that I want and align that with what is available:

1. Star tracker that is portable and lightweight for general celestial objects and nightscape photography
2. Easy polar-aligning would be nice, so I can get straight into it
3. Not having to use software and a laptop, but manually use live-view on my DLSR

I don't want to be an expert or anything, but I do love the opportunity and option to take some photos of deep space objects that are nearby. The app was in someway a bonus feature, but I would prefer to manually fix the position of the object .

The alternative is a mount with automatic alignment and deal with the heaviness. I think, from what I am gathering, the Skywatcher Pro and the iOptron Skyguider Pro are both really good options, at least, until I transition from beginner to intermediate/advanced. By that stage, I would have learnt a lot and can decide to take the next step if I want to.

Last edited by Aurorae; 17-01-2021 at 04:27 PM.