View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Aurorae (Sara)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRene View Post
Carina will be good in the RedCat as it's nice and big. As for Cent A that is another matter. Yes it is large as galaxies go but with the RedCats wide fov it may not look much more than a smudge.

You might want to head over to the following website www.telescopius.com It will let you set up your equipment and show you what a given target will look like with your setup.

As for the mount......hmmmm there's 2 camps with the Star Adventurer. Those who love it and those (like me) who think you'd be better off getting an inexpensive but quality goto.

Rene
Thanks, that's actually really helpful. I am after something powerful, but also portable and that has been rather challenging. Do you have any recommendations that are very portable but powerful enough to take those pictures, preferably something interchangeable between a macro lens used, say, for bird photography, and astro?

I guess, in terms of the skywatcher, I think its portability is pretty good, and I have heard some positives for the iOptron Skyguider too. What I am really after is something automated and easy to use - it does polar alignment for instance - and that I can take around with me, something that a heavy mount cant really do.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your response