Thread: Newbie here!
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 09:09 PM
tmz (Tim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkonrad View Post
Congrats on the Binos 15x 70 are great but for me need a tripod , I struggle with 10x50 so normaly use 7x50.
Are you sure the mirror on your scope is Pitted? you have to take it out and clean it first , I have a lot of scopes and my Tasco 11TE-5 its 55 years old and the mirror is still ok so its nothing to do with age rather how well it was looked after , I saw a 6 inch reflector where the mirror was rusted after 2 years , it was left outside open .... in a harbour town !
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I have a goodish tripod (from when i liked photography), so i ditched the plastic rubbish adaptor that came with the binos and bought a sturdy metal one. I then realised the camera tripod probably wasnt the best for them as its awkward to view. I find the binos are good while leaning on something
The scope had no covers on it. I took it out and tried carefully cleaning the mirror. As soon as i seen the mirror i knew it was no good. After ages of carefully trying to clean it, i tried scrubbing one of the outside ones with a cotton bud, defiently pitted.

Thanks all!