View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Does the bottom dovetail run all the length of the scope, so I assume those two support tube rings are also bolted to it?
No the dove tail does not run all the way along, I have used one I had lying around here. I don't think that will matter much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Congrats on the new scope Paul. I’d be a tad concerned with that test data, the plan view seems to show some astigmatism (my Alluna data was symmetrical) but likely it is so slight it simply won’t show in real world data...and nice to see them certifying the optics in any event.

The corrector sounds impressive! I hope the system serves you well for many years to come

P.S.
Test data numbers were impossible to read on my phone, but looking at then now on a real screen, the numbers are top-shelf. Good one
I am always sceptical until I can get a star test done. Data on a piece of paper is easily fabricated, and I have seen similar numbers like this before so don't know what to think at this stage. I paid for the top of the range figure so I guess I will have to wait and see. The corrector is an impressive beast. You should see the size of the secondary on this thing too. 110mm secondary is a huge secondary. The GSO one is 80mm by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Fingers crossed its a good one!

Does this mean Skeletor is going to be sold?
Yeah fingers crossed. Skeletor? If you mean the GSO f4, no I won't be selling it. I am going to rework the scope by building a better secondary cage with new spider and that should make it the second beast in my observatories. I will be looking for another PME though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
Looks beautiful Paul,the carbon fibre sets it off, I bet you can't wait to set it up.

By the way, Why does the mirror have a hole in it?

Cheers
Bill
No hole. I think that is the simulation of the secondary in place when testing is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Wouldn't that be the obstruction caused by the secondary?

Otherwise, they sent him a report from an ODK
No ODK report, at least the serial numbers match on the side of the primary to the report.