Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Looking forward to a review!

DT
Yep, will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post
Sweet Peter, look forward to a review also. Is there an option with the STX camera for self guiding filter wheel and so Ao-x before the filters?
OK on the review. It is possible..with a MMOAG and RGH.... pre-filter AO guiding will work....but back-focus may be a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to your honest review of the AO-X Peter.
Yep I'm getting the "before/after" bit...and yes the acceleration of AO-X is apparently better...we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I am curious about this unit. I read the press release from SBIG about it and I got the idea from that it will outperform earlier AO units. Is that the expected performance?

I assume it needs an STXL or STX camera to use it as it works through the cameras' electronics to control the mount?

It looks like a very nice unit and I'd love to see the results before and after at long focal length as well.

Greg.
AO is autonomous to the mount. The camera head (read: STX STXL )does indeed control it, but can also "bump" the mount once a user defined level of AO deflection is detected. Pretty clever stuff really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
What a beast! Looks like a Ferrari! Very well integrated
Hey...it's *red*....so is very fast.... Capish

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskies View Post
That's an almighty fine looking unit
Yep. Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
The successor to the STL with AOL has arrived. Nice. Couple of years before I can justify that.
Maybe sooner than many think...