View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 10:18 AM
glend (Glen)

Paul perhaps it would not matter which high end Newt you bought, as the delivery trip would likely knock it out of alignment regardless. They can't be sending out non-aligned scopes in this price bracket. I know Tekeskop-Services adjust, on their optical bench, every scope they ship, yet still some arrive mis-aligned. This mainly applies to mirror based systems, like my Edge that I bought from TS. That 110mm secondary has significant mass to be held in place through all the bumps, shakes, speed humps, hard landings etc. Is there any manufacturer that will guarantee a scope will arrive in the state they shipped it? Most importantly, I believe, is their assistance to resolve any delivered misalignment.

TS are presently wrestling with Skywatcher ED150s which arrive from the factory mis-collimated, and since the cell is not designed for user collimation, they now need Syntax to supply collimation instructions which will involve disassembly of the front end to some degree. They discovered this issue because they bench test every scope being shipped out by them.

Last edited by glend; 20-07-2018 at 10:29 AM.