View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Cosmic (Daniel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
If the red lights flashes constantly then the power is dropping. If you have 5a supply it is more likely the plug or the adapter causing a flicker. My plug is sensitive to how far in it is pushed , Chinese plugs tolerances are not so good, and several adapter wires have failed from overuse.

The rowan belt should not be so tight it does not have 2mm at least movement in and out and a full 360 degree test should not bind or be noisy at any point. You should just be able to turn the worm by hand with the belt on.
Hi Ray,

Thank you for your input.

I will check the connection to the eq6, plus I will make a loop onto itself so there is no movement when slewing/tracking ect. I remember seeing someone use a built in ammeter to check drops and the draw when tuning the worm.....this bit of kit is something I may look into as well, might be handy in sorting out power issues.

Currently at work but I do remember turning the RA with pliers and the DEC by hand may explain what could also be happening here. I think we are getting close to resolving this issue. I preloaded the belt with my finger mildly applying pressure down the side of the motors just to be sure, but it sounds like there might be too much force on the belts. I will report back once I have tried those two things.

Last edited by Cosmic; 02-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.