View Single Post
Old 14-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

By capture module , I mean I use the camera tab in Ekos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Interesting to hear you have Ekos working on the Mac. I too have found Nebulosity crashes.

I use KStars Ecos in Ubuntu on an old laptop often as an alternative to Win 10 Sharpcap which I find also crashes.

There are some odd features but I think , after the quirks are ironed out, the program works well and is setup as a complete remote suite of functions. I will have to try it on my Mac .

The filter sequencing in the capture module is simple by indicating , time , filter and name on the left and adding to the play list + on the right. . The odd part is that the gain , offset settings are made in the Indi setup panel which comes up when it first starts, not the capture module . So to change the gain from default for a different item in the play list going back to the Indi setup panel camera tab and scrolling to the right to find the controls tab and changing there before adding the item to the playlist. So do not accidentally close the Indi set up window after it starts, or any window really. I also found the two different dither settle settings, ( thanks Colin) one for the dither and settle before guiding and one for the settle of guiding before capturing another frame. A bit complex but that is the way it works.
Once PHD is started and connected, if external guiding is selected , then guiding can be done by selecting guide in the Ekos guide module , selecting the correct camera, which takes over PHD2. I already had PHD2 set up and calibrated first.