View Single Post
Old 16-09-2018, 08:40 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post

We're absolutely thrilled to see how similar our two images are in terms of star by star colour, and in terms of fine detail in both tiniest galaxies and the big one, showing that some degree of objectivity and reproducibility is prevailing. That's a very good thing in this naughty world.

Your optics, seeing and guiding must have been superb.

So the correct quantities of beer, carefully applied, seem to settle the sky ! Wonder if Mortimer's "Jules" Cabernet-Shiraz has the same effect?

Best,
MnT
Cheers guys

I try to display my data accurately, with as little artificial detail or processing induced structures (have you heard of deconvolution ) as possible..well, hopefully none!

The seeing on the 11 Sept was around my usual average levels (which are still not too bad) but conditions on the 13 Sept were really excellent, the subs were sharp as a tack and thus produced a big grin on my face and increased the beer consumption measurably..hic! and guiding was bloody perfect (ave guide errors of around 0.3 arc sec) the seeing dropped just a tad on 14 Sept but were still pretty good. This scope may not be the highest end scope money can buy but on my classic Tak NJP mount and in the right conditions it performs pretty ok

Mike